Saturday, February 20, 2010

Holly houses!! very long

Ok so we went to Holly with a list of seven houses...we only got to see four.

We did get to see one of the two I really wanted to see. A 110 year old Victorian. It was awesome, even though it needed work. It was so beautiful. It still had almost all of the original wood work and some wall paper. It had servents stairs and an upper floor for servants to sleep in. Man the history in that house. I would love to get it but with all the work that needs to be done I'm not sure I want to take on that job. It would need a new kitchen, the living room needs fixing along with the firplace needing to be redone. The dining room and pantry need to be fixed up. The room we would use as the kids play room would seemingly only need paint/wallpaper. The main floor bath needs to be redone. And thats just the main floor. The upstairs needs a few less items but it still needs a bunch of stuff. With its age it might even be a historical home...which could mean more money to restore it to original state...Oh the pain I have to walk away...but not so sure it is for us.

The house we liked just as much was built in 1997. It would appear to have had two owners besides the bank that currently owns it. It is in our price range and has eveything we want. 4 bedrooms, 2 car garage, finished basement (with lots of storage room), fenced in back yard, a fireplace, and a kitchen that has more space than the one we currently have. It also has 2.5 baths. Very nice. Very clean and oh yea it has a basketball hoop in the driveway. I think we are going to put a bid on it early next week...it has a homeowners association and we would like to check the bylaws before we do an offical bid.

We prayed about this last trip...of house hunting. I have to do some research on a transfer to the local hospital...which happens to be in the health system as my current hospital so if I can transfer I could keep my current hire day and senrority(sp)...which would be nice. If I can't transfer I would have to wait another year before trying to have another baby so I would be able to get FMLA to have it. I would hate to loss all that time in too. It is only a year but a year could be important when it comes to a raise and so on.

Sorry it is so long...Happy blogging.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Wow thats a bit on one plate. I hope all works out well with the house and job. As long as it is what you are supposed to do right...