Thursday, July 22, 2010

Work...

Can someone tell me why some people can get away with things but others can't???

A co-worker had a family member pass away...I feel sorry for her because it was her dad and hey I can feel her pain. However she is taking almost 6 weeks off work!!!

I wanted one day for when Lee's grandpa died and could not get it even if I used vacation time!!!

Another person can pre schedule overtime but yet some other people can't!!

I have no idea why this is? Am I being pity?? Am I ranting again??

Not sure why this bothers me. It is kinda like when my fellow coworkers have had family pass away we start a collection for them and give them a card...money can't bring them back but hey it is nice. Well when I had 2 deaths in the same week no one did that for me...I did get a card from one co worker...very nice of her. I also got a card from one of the RN's that took care of my mom a lot. So sweet of her!! Any who do you guys have any ideas??

I keep thinking it is not very Christ like to have these thoughts...I need help!!

4 comments:

Shanna said...

Ok for me I just try to push it aside that yeah I am going to get left out and I do not know why that always happens to me to. But I get my comfort when I am giving the most. Still chip in that money and extra kind of stuff and you will feel the blessings of it. And not everyone has the church, maybe they just see you have a great support system and it looks like you have it all together. Maybe.

Deb said...

Shanna...that could be. The last few deaths I started the collection envelpoes...a few times I did not add to them only because i has no money what so ever on me or to spare!! I felt bad but what could I do?? I did also not give because I had the they did not do it for mr why should I do it for them but then felt really bad so... but I like your idea, I'm going with that...

Deb said...

man i should proof these things first....

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about things. I expect things to be fair/equal and it seems like things just aren't. I do what I can to be the better/bigger person, but sometimes it just gets to me. I wish I had sage advice. Sorry for your losses.