Saturday, July 24, 2010

Family!!!

We had a visit today from a couple of Lee's aunts.

Sharon who lives here in Michigan and Annette from Tennessee.

Annette was up visiting because her brother asked her to come up when he left Tennessee last week!!

Anyway she (Annette) asked about the "tumor" Lee's mom had in her brain. Lee asked why...well she has one too. I have been with Lee for 13 years total and his mom as always called it a tumor...when he called his dad he said it was just a "fluid sac" in her brain. She (his mom) said that it is genetic...well 3 out of 4 sisters have/had it!!!

Annette and Sharon have been researching it on the Internet and women/girls are more prone to get this condition!!

So now I'm panicked...Rachele is 6 and complains of headaches...that is the first symptom!!! So when I go to my neurologist in August I'm asking him about this...I mean should I have her checked or wait or what??? What would any of you guys do??

2 comments:

Shanna said...

That is a really hard thing. I am with you. I would have her checked periodically. Better safe than sorry. And make sure Lee gives her a blessing.

Deb said...

Thanks Shanna...I forgot about that. Funny thing is she got one about a week ago because she slept wrong and had a kink in her neck...meds did not help so blessing time...what a difference!! Glad i have you to remind me of the preisthood blessings in my house!!