Thursday, November 20, 2008

No Sleep blog!!!

I posted my great pic from Emily's tag game before donig this post.

Over the past two days I have gotten about six hours of sleep. I called my dad because my sister sent me an e-mail giving funeral arrangements for my cousin who is only three years older than me....big shock. Anyways I get the details as they know them and he asks me what I'm doing either tonight or tomorrow (meaning Tuesday and Wednesday). I said well I have to work tomorrow but nothng now what's up? He then says my mom looks bad and he wants me to come over and listen to her lungs and see if I can tell what's going on. Of course I say I'll be right over. I kiss the kids and Lee and head out the door. I get to my parents house and see my mom slumped on the couch but still some what coherant. I take my coat off and listen to her and can hear nothing but a little air movement at the top of her lungs. So I tell dad she needs to go to the ER. She says no, I say now, dad says I'll call 911 if you don't go willingly. So my brother in law carries her to the car and off we go. Long story short....

She is in the ICU on a ventilator. Her blood pressure (when we left) was somewhat stable and she was responding to pain finally. I am so stressed and I can't sleep.

From the results of her tests I really believe if she had not gone to the ER she would be gone. Her CO2 levels were 130 and normal is 35-45. Anyways I might be out of touch for a bit...and thats why.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't imagine what you must be feeling and going through right now. I'm glad that you were there to get her to the hospital. I hope that she is able to heal and recover.

Shanna said...

Good luck. I hope everything turns out well.

Andrea said...

Wow - I hope you're Mom is feeling better. She's lucky to have you, and that you arrived when you did.