Sunday, June 20, 2010

Up North Trip!!

Ok so a little while ago Lee's dad said he was ready to spread his mom's ashes...the boys and dad picked a day that worked for them...

On Friday we met at my house and then traveled north to Midland. We get in and visit a little then go to bed. We get up in the morning and have some awesome french toast. A little while later we go in the woods and say our good byes to mom and each take a turn spreading her around. She is on her land helping us all with closure and love.

When then go take showers and head even further north to LeRoy (near Cadillac) for Lee's cousin's graduation party. Which was awesome. We did not see as many family members as we would have liked but some live out of state and had to work. We partied, got some sunburn (Rachele) and enjoyed the good company. It helped take our mind off the mornings events. Just before leaving Amy (my sister in law) got a phone call from work...one of her co-workers died. He had been sick with cancer and succumbed to the illness.

After hearing that it was a little hard to stay positive...I have been calling last week "hell" week. I know not very Christ like wording but I could not think of something better to call it. It has been a tough week of remembering and memories...I even got a new hair do complete with blue streaks to honor my mom...blue was her favorite color. I'll have pictures later I promise.

No comments: