Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Days, House and whatever I feel like blogging about....

I have been on days for a full week and I love it!!! I hate getting up early but hey at least I can sleep next to Lee everynight and put the kids to bed. I really do enjoy it. On my days off I am free to do what I want at least until Rachele gets done with school...then I'll have the kids on days that I'm off and then I'll have to figure out some fun stuff. One thing I know for sure is we will be using our zoo membership after all we paid for it.

I decided to copy Emily and Tylers summer camp idea. I thought it was a good thing and figured she won't mind... So here is my idea: Rachele is to read at least 2 books a week and give an oral book report. I will pull out some words for her to take a spelling test during the week also. We have a few math papers that she did not do in school and we saved them so she will have some math work. We might even buy some of those math books in the stores...can you believe in 1st grade she is doing multiplecation and division? I did not start that until 3rd grade. I'm thinking I'll never be able to help her when she hits Jr. High!! As for Kenny...we will work on his potty training and he is singing the ABC's so I think I will try to keep his little mind going!!! Not sure what to do just yet but I'll figure it out. Also, once they get into a set routine they will have certain "chores"...just to help me stay caught up on the chores I have to do...

The house...ok so a little over a week ago my sister in law e-mailed me and asked if we would be interested in a house one of her co-workers is selling. I said sure send me the link. I look at the info and was a little unsure because it is way out of our price range...200,000 to be exact. But we thought if he is willing to do land contract first (which he is) than in 5 years we could get it in our range...so we set up a time to see it.

We went to see it and I love it...Lee thinks it is two small...I do admit it is on the smaller side but has 3.5 bedrooms, 2 full baths, a basement, garage (2 car) and a huge back yard. So we let the guy run his numbers to come up with his selling price and payments and so on...well the numbers all look fair to include a final selling price of 175,000!!!

So if we can come up with the down payment (we spent the last one paying off some bills and getting a few items for us and so on). So with any luck we can move to a nice little city a few miles away...

1 comment:

Shanna said...

That will be so exciting!! I hope it works out for you!