Monday, March 19, 2012

My Life...

Ok so I had to work over the weekend and we had a ward family game night and pizza...I leave work and meet the family up there. Everything is great until about 8:30 when Kenny starts crying and won't stop. We try to get him settled and he just won't stop...someone got him some ice for his boo boo and he is still whimpering...so we decide to get a better look at his shoulder and take his shirt off, or should I say attempt to take it off...he starts screaming like we are cutting his arm off...so we take his good arm out first and take his head and bad arm out...you can see a huge difference in his shoulders...the mom in me panics...but dad calmly says dude we need to go to the doctor...I know its broke just from my medical experience...but we need it comfirmed...after 2 hours in the ER its confirmed...not a big deal...oh and how it happened is a bigger boy pushed him down...boys will be boys...and you can't be mad...its no ones fault...

Well we go to the dr today...yep its still broke...lol! We have to try to keep him inactive for 6-8 weeks...um how do you do that to a 5 year old? The only treatment is a sling...they used to do more but found it no better than just letting it heal...its going to be a long 6-8 weeks!! The family of the little boy that did it feels so bad and keep apologizing but like I said kids are kids and it wasn't meant to hurt they were playing!!

Any fun one armed ideas would be helpful!!

2 comments:

emily said...

Poor Kenny! I hope the time goes fast!

Unknown said...

:( Poor kid. I hope it heals quickly. Is it the arm he uses for writing?