Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another Crazy weekend...

I had another crazy weekend but this one was at work!!

Saturday was not so bad we had a few ups and downs but not anything we could not handle. It was just really busy!! At the end of the day we did have a patient come in with respiratory distress and we had to put her on life support! I made it out of work on time...barely!!

Sunday on he other hand was CRAZY!!!! It started out from the beginning!!! I had just clocked in and started the split (which is what we use to give out our assignment for the day)...and they called a code blue...so 3 of my 4 therapists clock in and go help the night shift crew! It ends with us medevacing the patient out to another hospital...were he died a short time later! But he was in really bad shape. When I was in the room before we sent him out I thought he was already gone...even though his vitals said otherwise! I did say a little prayer for him also!

The day gets worse because I had ER for all 12 hours and it was crazy busy all day...it was so full down there that they had patients in the hall all day even major patients. Major patients is just what it means they have a major thing going on!! Every time I was called down there I was down there for a minimum of 1 hour. I was supposed to leave at 630pm and did not get out of the ER until 630 so I gave report and left at 700pm...it was crazy!

No comments: