Thursday, January 22, 2009

KIDS!!!

Okay so maybe it's because I work and feel bad about missing out on things that the kids do but I feel guilty when I get mad at the kids over little things.

Examples:
Rachele and her homework...she can really push my buttons while doing it. I tell her the directions and she starts out fine but after telling after each thing in that category the directions it really gets annoying.

Kenny always wanting me to hold him. Okay that one really should not bother me but its gets trying when I wake up and for the first three hours all he wants is me. I need some space or at least let me go to the bathroom before you stick to me like glue.

The kids cleaning...or lack of cleaning. Okay so Kenny does not do much cleaning but when you send them to the room to clean and they just play and fight...man does that get me.

But I have to say as I have gotten older and heard stories about me... my kids do exactly what I did at there age. So I guess I did it to myself. When my mom got flustered with me and said those famous words "I hope you have kids just like you" I DID!!

NOTE: Most days I am fine with what they do, but I have a headache and Lee has school and I feel stressed out. I only have one day off this week so I feel like I am neglecting the family because I slept most of it away. Maybe I should try to find a day job...no I really like nights, maybe I just need a new location to work.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. We all have days where no matter how much we love them, our family drives us crazy and everything about them seems to annoy us--well at least I have those days. Thankfully they don't last.

Deb said...

That is so true...I'm over it now!!

emily said...

I understand too. I know in theory they stay young for so little, but it's still hard to function or get anything done etc. when they act like...like...children! Sometimes I set the timer and tell them I'll play for 15 or 20 minutes and then I need to do my work. Usually that helps. Give them a big hug!