Saturday, January 16, 2016

Right back at it...

With the start of the semester I'm going to be adding some posts maybe weekly. It all depends on how I decide to do my assignment that week...

This week in our studies we read Alma 30-35. As I studied I figured out what I would teach (talk about in class). I continued to study the block of scriptures and Alma 30 really stuck out to me.

Someone at work had put on the History Channel and it was on an alien show. This lead to the subject of if we are alone in the universe. I managed to change it to a conversation about how things were created.

Someone said can you believe in Christ and not the Devil? The group of us that were there agreed the answer is no. I asked about the fact that several religious groups talk about an anti-Christ...for the most part we agreed that many times in history we could see an anti-Christ. Some disagreed as they have never seen it in their time.

As read more of the chapter, I became enraged (might change that word) that people could really think the word of God is not true. I don't know what could truly cause this thought. I know people who have not lost their faith through so really hard and tragic times. I feel if they could go through their trials and tribulations and mange to keep their faith then what could have been so bad for someone to not have it?

This brings into my thoughts the plan of salvation. God has a plan for all of us. We may not know what that plan is or even understand why we must go through the hard time. We have to endure to the end to understand the full plan that the Lord has for us. We need to keep in mind that the Lord does truly know what we can handle so we need to just work through it.

I look forward to continued growth this semster.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

I completely understand! U don't know how to finish my thoughts and feelings about this subject in words. But to not believe in God is just crazy!