Saturday, February 25, 2012

1st appointment

Well I had my first OB appointment...it was at 9am I finally got to see the Dr at 11am...He was very through...

The good news is I'm right on target for 10weeks...I have a grapefruit sized uterus...just what everyone wanted to know right? I can get an ultrasound at 18 weeks...if I wasn't so honest I could have had a sizing ultrasound but I'm too honest.

The funny news...since I turned 35 on my last birthday I'm now considered "high risk"...this cracks me up as my birthday was just in December...and my best friend who is about 8 weeks ahead of me isn't in the same high risk group and she is 35 also!!! Alls it means is I'll get a more in depth ultrasound, a few more blood tests, and the offer of an amniocentesis...which I think I'm going to decline because sick or not it won't change how I feel...I'm still its mother and will love it and care for it no matter what Heavenly Father throws my way. The only thing it would do is let me do research on the sickness and cause more worry and no pregnant lady needs to worry like that!!

Update on the "streaks" they are totally normal and have seemed to stop...its been well over 2 weeks and even my exam with the Dr did not make any happen. Feeling really good but not over confident as anything could still happen...

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Yea!! I am too honest too. And so many people were trying to tell me to lie and say I didn't know how far along I was. Sounds like things are going well!

Unknown said...

Hooray for a good appt. Sorry about the long wait though. That's silly how you're "high risk" and your friend isn't despite being the same age. Glad to hear the spotting/streaks has stopped.