Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cheer Issue

Most of you have seen me post on FB about this...

I just want to say if you did follow it at all, that things did not go the way the outed mom says they did. I agree that they should not have been kicked off the team but she should have followed proper protocol. She faught to get her daughter on the team and called a board member to help out but when it came down to getting her objections heard, she ran to the news with a tape of all of our kids to be shown on TV. All of this because she did not get the answer she wanted from the start. She was told to take her objections to a board meeting and then was told when those meetings were. Like the coach stated the words are handed out on the 1st day of practice and she did not have an issue until 3 weeks after the fact. I can say I'm not thrilled about the words but I know what context the words are used. So I do not have an issue with them. Plus the news has yet to get the words right...which I guess is not big deal to some people but for me it is. The words are my back aches, my skirts to tight, my booty shakes from left to right. Not like the news says...our backs ache, our skirts to tight, we shake our booties from left to right. Even Lee says it just samantics but if you say it that way it makes it worse...at least to me.

I'm done with my soap box...

No comments: