Friday, July 31, 2009

When it rains....

Well Lee called me at work to tell me that his grandpa is not doing so good. He has lots of clots in his legs and a few in his lungs (not good). He was supposed to get a peg tube (a feeding tube) but they can't do it because of the clots. Or at least Lee thinks they can't. He has lived a full life and has no regrets but it seems odd to know he could die from starvation because they can't do anything for him but make him comfortable until he goes.

Rachele was mad because mommy had to work again. She hates it when I go. I told her that it's not so bad she has daddy but you know kids want mommy. The nice thing is I have the next three days of to spent with the kids.

Kenny is a little dare devil. I see a broken bone in the future. He climbed up the built in shelving unit and fell from half way up with the shelf. He has no fear or so it seems.

Lee does need surgery on his knee. August 13th is the day. With the move he has been extra sore. I hope the move did not make it worse. I do have a few days off in a row to help him re coop so we will see.

Me, I'm doing ok. Some days are hard. I worked in the ICU last night and had a patient die and one we took off life support. It was hard to watch the family sit and wait. I kept telling myself your fine and I made it. I know things will get better but some days its hard not to think about mom. Time will heal the wound.

2 comments:

emily said...

Wow Deb. That's a lot! I hope everyone's health improves. Hope the surgery goes well for Lee too. It's hard when your kids want you and you have to leave, but that's great that you get 3 days off to spend with them! I sure hope the broken bone in the future is a easy one to fix. I hear you on that one...I'm just waiting for the day Will's got one...

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry you are going through a lot right now. I hope they can do something for Lee's grandpa and that everything goes well with his surgery.