Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend recap!!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
Well we went to a picnic to welcome and wish well. For the most part we felt welcomed and really didn't have much to say. Most of the people that came across stand offish were people from the other new ward that was formed when the big ward was split. We had a few people from our old ward that were not the happiest but we hung in until the heat and side effects of medication got to me. I spent friday morning in the ER with kidney pain and dehydration. Still not up tp par but doing okay.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
Well sunday came and we had fun. Rachele was at the zoo with my sister who was running in a 3 mile run and got free tickets to go so she asked of Rachele could go...so we let her. We have no relief society yet or at least one that was announced. Our bishop taught us...that was a welcomed change. We have a very small ward or so it seems. I'm sure some people did not show up this sunday so we will have to see. Lee and I should be getting calling soon. We already spoke to the new bishop to touch base and tell him were we are at and all that jazz so we will see. I think I'm going to be teaching in primary again and I have no clue about Lee. I kinda hope I have an adult calling. I could really use the interaction. Only time will tell.

4 comments:

Shanna said...

I know how you feel about the new ward. Being in the "military ward" is so different in that one of the first questions that is asked is "so how long are you here for?" So us short staying people kinda hang around together. I though it would feel different so we will see in our next ward when we will be there for longer. Good luck and hang in there.

Jennifer said...

I hope that you are doing better. And I hope that you start to feel more comfortable in your new ward and that the people become more friendly. I'm excited to hear what your calling and Lee's calling will be. Keep us posted.

Andrea said...

I totally relate to your need to have an "adult" calling. Moms need that.

emily said...

I hope you are doing better! And I hope your new ward gets going and that you get the calling you need. I'm in an adult calling now and would gladly trade for primary (I get so nervous in front of adults). I think it might be nice to see a ward grow from the beginning. You'll get to see all the changes and growth. Let us know how it goes!